Hiking in the Hochkönig region
From forest trails to "via ferrata" routes - the region Maria Alm has so much to offer!
Does your heart beats faster at the sight of sunny mountain summits? You want to slip into your hiking shoes everyday? Then it seems, that the Hochkönig hiking region is your personal paradies.
Right on the doorstep of your hiking hotel, Hotel Lohningerhof in Maria Alm, you'll find everything you need to have that feeling of pure happiness: the rocky summits of the "Steinernes Meer", the green grasmountains of Dienten and the majestic Hochkönig offer you endless opportunities. The Hotel Lohningerhof works as an optimum starting point for you. Whether you scale the steep summits, explore the gentle forest trails or if you just want to enjoy some hearty treats in an inn.
Hiking in Maria Alm offer for you:
- 350 kilometre of perfect conditioned hiking trails
- more than 50 alpine inns
- 3 long-distance hiking routes through the whole region
- 4 climbing sectors as well as numerous "via ferrata" routes
- and much more...
Your "hiking feeling" in the Lohningerhof
- personal and proofed hiking insider tips from your hosts
- Backpacks and hiking poles for hire
- Washing area for your hiking shoes
- Hiking maps
- A holiday without your car: start your tour straight from the hotel doorstep and head into the naturlan surroundings or (for longer distances) get into the free of charge hiking coach
- free use of the mountain railways
- "hiking bus" free of charge
- Free entry into the outdoor pool in Maria Alm
- 1x summer tobogganing free of charge
Your hiking hotel: the Lohningerhof in Salzburg
In the heart of the Hochkönig region
When you stay in the hotel Lohningerhof you are central but also in a tranquil area. In the midst of the Pinzgau mountains, That is what makes our hotel to one of the top points for your unforgettable hiking holidays. You'll see that we have the most beautiful hiking routes around our hotel:
- Grammlergut: 15 minutes from the mountain station of the "Natrunbahn" and 50 minuntes from the Hotel Lohningerhof. This hike will also be fun for your children! Tip: visit the adventure play area and the forest ropes course.
- Grießbachhütte: approx. 1 hour from "Berggasthof Christernreith" on the Aberg, 20 minutes from the hotel Lohningerhof
- Riemannhaus: approx. 2 hours from the parking area "Sanden" in Maria Alm. Beautiful and challenging summit hike. approx. 3 hours from Hotel Lohningerhof.